The backcountry twin
Ideal for backcountry touring and freestyle
Itâ€™s designed to offer precision control riding regular or switch on any terrain, from chutes to tree runs to backcountry booters. Weâ€™ve completely redesigned the shape of the Mountain Twin Split for 2021 by adding a more blunted tip profile, a 3D Contour Base 2.0 and Inner/Outer Traction Tech 3.0 edges. The blunt tips reduce weight, Traction Tech keeps you locked in on firm snow and the 3D Contour Base makes every turn more effortless. For unmatched torsional board lock in ride mode the Mountain Twin Split features the Boltless Bridge and Karakoram Split and Tip + Tail Clips. To complete the redesign we upgraded to our new super fast and durable Sintered 8000 base and added stance options with our new Freestyle/Freeride Stance Pack.
Flex: 7/10 (Playful)
Bend: Camrock - A unique rocker/camber flex pattern defined by evenly balanced tip and tail rocker and camber between the bindings. CAMROCK improves freestyle finesse by keeping your tips playful while maintaining the power and pop of camber underfoot.
3D Base Contour 2.0 - Moderate 3D Contour Base featuring an even balance of 4mm spoon bevel in the nose and 4mm spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point
- Directional Twin
- Twin Flex pattern - Balanced flex pattern with equal stiffness and torsional response in the nose and tail.
- Blunt Nose - By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the â€˜snow plowâ€™ rounded tip and itâ€™s extra swing weight.
- Boltless Bridge - The Boltless Bridge eliminates split clip attachment hardware from the base of the board by re-profiling the wood core at the clips. The wood core under the clips is thicker, providing better torsional stiffness and a more powerful connection at the split clips.
- in & Out Traction Tech 3.0 - Traction Tech 3.0 features three bumps per edge (front binding, board center, back binding). The middle bump is slightly bigger than the outside bumps for better grip. Inner edge Traction Tech improves splitboard edge grip on ascent. Three sidecut bumps on each side of your binding keep your locked in on icy skin tracks no matter which way you are traversing.
- Progressive Sidecut - At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
Core: FSC Control Split Core - Dual-density full premium wood core featuring a 2:1 paulownia to poplar stringer ratio that keeps core light but ultra damp.
Fiberglass: Biax Fiberglass - A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
Base: Sintered 8000 Base - New super durable material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easily repairable, highly wax absorbent and wicked fast.
ECO-Plastic Topsheet - Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
Karakoram STD clips - Jones Splitboards feature premium Karakoram K-clips plus tip and tail hooks. Adjustable tension K-clips increase board torsional stiffness and offer a superior connection to simple interlocking clips.
Oversized Recycled Edges - All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
Bio Resin - Requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
Flip-Flop Bases - Producing two or more base color options minimizes p-tex waste. Order may be filled with either color. Color does not vary by size.
159W - 150-200 lbs. / 67-91 kg.
160 - 150-200 lbs. / 67-91 kg.