The playful backcountry charger
Ideal for backcountry touring and powder hunting
Itâ€™s the ideal split for backcountry riders looking for a playful board thatâ€™s easy to ride in any terrain or any snow condition. The Dream Catcherâ€™s Directional shape and Directional Rocker profile provide confident stability riding through soft or rough snow. On icy skin tracks or firm descents, the Inner/Outer Traction Tech 1.0 edges offer enhanced edge grip. The Dream Catcher Split is built with premium materials including our new super fast and durable Sintered 8000 base, an Eco-plastic topsheet and a Classic Core that is specially profiled for added pop. For rock solid board connection in ride mode, the Dream Catcher Split comes with Karakoram Split clips and new screw mounted Karakoram tip + tail clips.
Flex: 6/10 (Friendly)
Bend: Directional Rocker - A hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the boardâ€™s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
- Directional Shape
- Directional Flex pattern - Off set tip-to-tail flex pattern that is designed for directional freeride boards. The nose, center of board and tail are slightly different stiffnesses to help lift the nose, sink the tail and improve stability at speed.
- Blunt Nose - By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the â€˜snow plowâ€™ rounded tip and itâ€™s extra swing weight.
- V-Core - Slightly softer in the very center of the board for improved maneuverability and stiffer from the inserts through the tip and tail for stability and pop.
- in & Out Traction Tech 2.0 - Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board. Inner edge Traction Tech improves splitboard edge grip on ascent. Three sidecut bumps on each side of your binding keep your locked in on icy skin tracks no matter which way you are traversing.
- Progressive Sidecut - At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Quick Tension Tail Clip - Built-in climbing skin tension system using pre-cut notch that eliminates the need for a traditional skin tail clip.
Core: FSC Classic Core - Full wood premium poplar core that offers fun pop, even flex and solid durability
Fiberglass: Biax Fiberglass - A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
Base: Sintered 8000 Base - New super durable material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easily repairable, highly wax absorbent and wicked fast.
ECO-Plastic Topsheet - Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
Karakoram STD clips - Jones Splitboards feature premium Karakoram K-clips plus tip and tail hooks. Adjustable tension K-clips increase board torsional stiffness and offer a superior connection to simple interlocking clips.
Oversized Recycled Edges - All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
Bio Resin - Requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
Flip-Flop Bases - Producing two or more base color options minimizes p-tex waste. Order may be filled with either color. Color does not vary by size.
148 - 100-150 lbs. / 45-68 kg.
151 - 110-160 lbs. / 49-73 kg.
154 - 120-170 lbs. / 54-77 kg