The BOD remains the best selling board in the collection and this year comes in with a TransWorld Snowboarding Good Wood award! The perfect blend of flex, power, pop and forgiveness combine to produce a board that really can do it all. Whether you’re charging the slopes, hitting the park, navigating an icy chute or bombing a fresh line the B.O.D. will remain stable and responsive.
This performance all comes from the considered blend of construction, profile and shape. The 3D camber profile combines traditional camber with a subtle 3D nose and tail with raised contacts points. The traditional camber between the feet gives stability and hard snow performance whilst the 3D shape in the nose and tail acts like the hull of a ship, lifting the BOD above soft snow. This allows you to tackle any terrain the mountains have to throw at you with confidence.
New for 1819 is the redesigned Smoothride Sidewall. This builds upon the original award winning technology and helps reduce our overall impact on the environment. A more efficient manufacturing process cuts waste without sacrificing the impact and vibration absorbing properties, helping to provide the smoothest ride possible. Fibreglass layups are also enhanced through the use of tri-axial glass that includes a pre-cured layer above the core for more response and torsional rigidity without adding weight. And of course it’s all finished off with the Channel mounting system for infinite stance adjustment.
- 3D Camber - Combines traditional camber with the 3D shape at the nose and tail. Just like the back of a spoon, this lifts the nose, tail and contact points off the snow to increase versatility and reduse hang ups in soft snow without compromising stabilityor grip on hard snow. This makes the profile ideal for All Terrain Freeride boards.
- Twin - Identical end to end. Cut them in half at the waist and you won't be able to tell the difference. With perfect symmetry and balance these boards are incedibly versatile and allow you to take on all terrain from groomers to powder and park.
- Poplar/Birch Channel Reinforcement Core - Poplar is a lightweight wood with great strength and predictable flex. Poplar gives a great balance of lightness, strength, consistent flex and pop meaning you always know what your board is going to do next.
- Dura Surf 4001 Sintered Base - Durability and speed in a highly absorbent package means these bases will never slow you down. Lots of tiny pores open up and absorb wax every time you service to give you a superior slide. Dura surf is the hardest snowboard base in the industry, known for its reliability, strength and speed
- Tri-Axial Fibreglass - 3 layers of fibreglass in different directions provide a stiffer, more responsive felx and greater torsional rigidity to give the board precision and power ina super stable and versatile package.